Join our Board of Directors
…passionate about transit?
…committed to working towards a more just and equitable future for New Orleans?
…a natural born leader with a strong vision?
…willing to roll up your sleeves and get in the advocacy trenches?
Then consider applying to join Ride’s Board of Directors!
As a board member, you will play a pivotal role in:
- Reforming government policies and practices to ensure that transit agencies are well-funded and -managed, conduct business openly and transparently, and advance responsive, coordinated and progressive public transportation;
- Growing an educated populace of businesses, public officials, riders and community members that understand the benefits of and support investment in public transportation;
- Making investment in long-range, transformative projects a priority;
- Creating sustainable and diverse funding streams to support the organization; and
- Positioning Ride for long-term sustainability and effectiveness as an advocacy and organizing leader.
To apply, please submit a letter-of-interest and CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2014.