In advance of the New Orleans’ 2014 Mayoral and City Council elections, Ride New Orleans helped to organize the Transportation for Livable Communities coalition. Comprised of transportation, public health, environmental, and community-based organizations working to increase equitable access to transportation choices in all New Orleans neighborhoods, the coalition published a voter’s guide to elevating awareness of transportation issues in the election.
- Public transit and the RTA’s financial outlook
- Infrastructure and programs for pedestrian and bicycle safety
- Neighborhood parks and green spaces
- Implementing the city’s Complete Streets ordinance
- Transportation needs for all New Orleans residents, especially seniors, people with disabilities and low-income families