Transportation for Livable Communities
In advance of the New Orleans’ 2014 Mayoral and City Council elections, Ride New Orleans helped to organize the Transportation for Livable Communities coalition. Comprised of transportation, public health, environmental, and community-based organizations working to increase equitable access to transportation choices in all New Orleans neighborhoods, the coalition published a voter’s guide to elevate awareness of transportation issues in the election.
The voter’s guide provides candidate positions on several issues related to sustainable, safe, affordable and healthy transportation, such as:
- Public transit and the RTA’s financial outlook
- Infrastructure and programs for pedestrian and bicycle safety
- Neighborhood parks and green spaces
- Implementing the city’s Complete Streets ordinance
- Transportation needs for all New Orleans residents, especially seniors, people with disabilities and low-income families