Via a data-driven and public policy analysis lens, the Policy Manager will collaborate with and support the Executive Director to win equitable transportation policy changes to improve the lives of New Orleans region transit riders. The Policy Manager will be a core member of our small, tightknit team in the coming years and will have a real opportunity to help steer the organization’s work as we continue our campaign to win world-class and equitable public transit for New Orleans region residents.
Interested? Read below for all the details!
1. What you’ll do:
- Lead RIDE’s overall policy and data analysis efforts
- Lead policy research and data analysis for RIDEs annual State of Transit in New Orleans report
- Lead RIDE’s data visualization efforts, helping us to communicate transportation and equity needs via compelling maps, charts, graphs, graphics, etc.
- Draft white papers, blog posts, email action alerts, social media posts, and similar items to effectively communicate RIDE’s take on important issues from a policy lens
- Track and monitor key transit agency action items and priorities as well as ongoing transit agency board meetings and annual budgets
- Track and analyze relevant legislation and public policy development at the parish, state, and federal level
- In coordination with Executive Director, lead RIDE Policy Committee meetings, including agenda development, Policy Committee recruitment and engagement, and meeting facilitation
- Assist, support, and lead outreach to key regional stakeholders as needed
- Represent RIDE at relevant public events and coalition convenings
- Assist with RIDE’s annual fundraising campaigns.
2. The background you’ll need:
- At least two to three years professional experience
- Comfortable and proficient with ARCGIS, with past projects to prove it
- Proficient with MS Office suite and key programs in Adobe suite or equivalent (a working knowledge of basic web design or general layout is a plus)
- Experience working with US Census data and other publicly available demographic data
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced degree in planning, transportation, urban studies, or related field or equivalent professional experience
- A strong commitment to racial justice and an understanding of how important mobility justice is to advance racial equity in the New Orleans region.
- Comfort with both following direction and forging your own path on important projects
- A strong desire to win world-class and equitable public transit for the New Orleans region and a working familiarity with the New Orleans transit system
- Starting salary of $50,000 annually with potential for annual increases based on performance and available funding
- Subsidized Health/dental/vision insurance
- 20 personal days a year, plus standard holidays
- Cell phone stipend
- Monthly RTA or Jefferson Transit pass
To apply please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and example of previous work analyzing data (ideally a GIS visualization) to email@example.com. PLEASE USE THE SUBJECT LINE “POLICY MANAGER APPLICATION”