Do you want faster and more frequent bus and streetcar service in New Orleans?
One of the easiest solutions is simply to give our buses and streetcars priority access on key roads – to give transit the green light!
Many transit advocates and experts say this is exactly what we should be doing right now. So what’s holding us back?
Join us April 2 for a panel discussion on the challenges and opportunities in prioritizing transit vehicles on major roads in the city and region.
Ride New Orleans educational forum on strategies to make transit service faster, more frequent, and more reliable. We’ll give you the rundown on priority features like dedicated lanes for buses and streetcars, programming traffic lights so transit doesn’t get stuck at the red, bus queue jumps at busy intersections, and other infrastructure improvements. Then our panel of policy experts will discuss the challenges and opportunities with each of these strategies and dive into the local context.
- Garakhalli Mohan PE, PTOE, PTP; Traffic Group Manager, AECOM
- Justin Augustine; Vice President, Transdev Services, Inc.
- Dwight Norton; Urban Mobility Coordinator, City of New Orleans
- Jason Sappington; Principal Planner, Regional Planning Commission
- Barbara Waiters; Director of Public Affairs and Policy, Downtown Development District and RTA Commissioner (moderator)
April 2nd at the Jung Hotel, 1500 Canal St., from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. Light snacks will be provided.
- Downtown Development District
- GNO, Inc.
- Jung Hotel
We look forward to seeing you on April 2! Space is somewhat limited so please RSVP today!